Monday, February 20, 2012

msdb error

When I try to open the Tuning Advisor or when I try to view the property
of the system databases or when I try to start the Server Agent I receive
the following error:
Database 'msdb' cannot be opened due to inaccessible files or insufficient
memory or disk space. See the SQL Server errorlog for details. (Microsoft
SQL Server, Error: 945)
Note: I can see the msdb database listed under the System Databases node
but without the plus [+] sign.
How can I rebuild the msdb database (I don't have a backup of course)?
Thanks in advance,
AlessandroIs the disk available? Disk full? Is there any additional information on the
SQL Server error log file (as recommended by the error message)?
Ben Nevarez, MCDBA, OCP
Database Administrator
"Alessandro Cavalieri" wrote:

> When I try to open the Tuning Advisor or when I try to view the property
> of the system databases or when I try to start the Server Agent I receive
> the following error:
> Database 'msdb' cannot be opened due to inaccessible files or insufficient
> memory or disk space. See the SQL Server errorlog for details. (Microsoft
> SQL Server, Error: 945)
> Note: I can see the msdb database listed under the System Databases node
> but without the plus [+] sign.
> How can I rebuild the msdb database (I don't have a backup of course)?
> Thanks in advance,
> Alessandro
>
>|||Hello Ben,
Yes the disk file is available and not full, and the data file (mdf) and
the log file (ldf) are healty (everything is on drive C).
> Is the disk available? Disk full? Is there any additional information
> on the SQL Server error log file (as recommended by the error
> message)?
> Ben Nevarez, MCDBA, OCP
> Database Administrator
> "Alessandro Cavalieri" wrote:
>

No comments:

Post a Comment