Monday, February 20, 2012

msdb log backup failed

Hello guys,
I am sorry if I insist but I am still having this error about msdb log
file failed.
BACKUP failed to complete the command BACKUP LOG [msdb] TO [systemLog]
WITH NOINIT , NOUNLOAD , NAME = N'msdb backup', NOSKIP , STATS =
10, NOFORMAT
I do not understand why.
Could someone help me on solve this problem.
Ina
Hi,
Can you verify the recovery model of MSDB database by executing below
command:-
select databasepropertyex('msdb','recovery')
If the result return SIMPLE then you can not perform a transaction log
backup. Incase if you need to do a log backup then change the recovery
model to FULL using below command
ALTER DATABASE MSDB SET RECOVERY FULL
After to regroup the backup chain; perform a FULL MSDB backup and then then
start the log backup.,
Thanks
Hari
"ina" <roberta.inalbon@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1159778124.630986.307670@.h48g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
> Hello guys,
> I am sorry if I insist but I am still having this error about msdb log
> file failed.
> BACKUP failed to complete the command BACKUP LOG [msdb] TO [systemLog]
> WITH NOINIT , NOUNLOAD , NAME = N'msdb backup', NOSKIP , STATS =
> 10, NOFORMAT
>
> I do not understand why.
> Could someone help me on solve this problem.
> Ina
>
|||Thanks Hari,
It was set to simple. I changed as you advice me. One question when I
schedule the schedule log backup do you thing i can do something
between 4 Am until 10 Pm (every hour) because the backup of MSDB is 23
PM ?
ina
Hari Prasad wrote:[vbcol=seagreen]
> Hi,
> Can you verify the recovery model of MSDB database by executing below
> command:-
> select databasepropertyex('msdb','recovery')
> If the result return SIMPLE then you can not perform a transaction log
> backup. Incase if you need to do a log backup then change the recovery
> model to FULL using below command
> ALTER DATABASE MSDB SET RECOVERY FULL
> After to regroup the backup chain; perform a FULL MSDB backup and then then
> start the log backup.,
> Thanks
> Hari
>
> "ina" <roberta.inalbon@.gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1159778124.630986.307670@.h48g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...

No comments:

Post a Comment