Monday, February 20, 2012

msdb is corrupt

I have a user that corrupted msdb by trying to rebuild the indexes on the
backupfile table. I have removed the suspect flag so that the database is
available. And I have the scripts to completely rebuild msdb.
In the hopes of this problem being an allocation problem, I've tried
DBCC CHECKDB
DBCC CHECKALLOC
DBCC CHECKTABLE
DBCC REINDEX
all with the same result:
Server: Msg 823, Level 24, State 1, Line 1
I/O error (bad page ID) detected during read of BUF pointer = 0x1427de00,
page ptr = 0x448b0000, pageid = (0x1:0xf5f8), dbid = 4, status = 0x801, file
= E:\MSSQL7\DATA\msdbdata.mdf.
I also tried using bcp to get at the sysjobs table.
Besides restoring the database from a backup, which they don't have, is
there another way to get at the jobs and dts packages?I'd say its stuffed - maybe next time they'll back it up!
"Jo" <Jo@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:610925D1-F51F-486B-A056-F54CF4F088C8@.microsoft.com...
> I have a user that corrupted msdb by trying to rebuild the indexes on the
> backupfile table. I have removed the suspect flag so that the database is
> available. And I have the scripts to completely rebuild msdb.
> In the hopes of this problem being an allocation problem, I've tried
> DBCC CHECKDB
> DBCC CHECKALLOC
> DBCC CHECKTABLE
> DBCC REINDEX
> all with the same result:
> Server: Msg 823, Level 24, State 1, Line 1
> I/O error (bad page ID) detected during read of BUF pointer = 0x1427de00,
> page ptr = 0x448b0000, pageid = (0x1:0xf5f8), dbid = 4, status = 0x801,
file
> = E:\MSSQL7\DATA\msdbdata.mdf.
> I also tried using bcp to get at the sysjobs table.
> Besides restoring the database from a backup, which they don't have, is
> there another way to get at the jobs and dts packages?
>|||I tend to aggree. But before I give up, I was just trying to see if there wa
s
a solution. I remember in 6.5, the contents of pages could be changed with a
dbcc command. I understand that there's huge differences between 6.5 and 7.0
.
But since the database is basicly toast, I thought it would be worth a try.
"Mary Bray" wrote:

> I'd say its stuffed - maybe next time they'll back it up!
> "Jo" <Jo@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:610925D1-F51F-486B-A056-F54CF4F088C8@.microsoft.com...
> file
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment