Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MSDE 2000: Authentication failed despite BLANKSAPWD

Hi!
We're having troubles on a Windows 2003 Server. MSDE 1.0 does not
install (even though we already have this setup at other customers).
So I downloaded MSDE 2000. Unfortunately, somebody else just executed the
installation procedure without setup-parameters. I wanted to have an empty
password (I know, I know. But it is a closed system) and I need SQL
security mode and network protocols.
Thus I uninstalled MSDE 2000 again and launched setup.exe this way:
setup DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0 SECURITYMODE=SQL BLANKSAPWD=1
The installation went fine and I did *no* receive the error about the
trusted connections. However, I received "Authentication for user sa
failed" when simply doing this
osql -Usa -P -dmaster
Any clues?
Stefan
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:31:15 +0200, Stefan M. Huber <looseleaf@.gmx.net>
wrote:

> The installation went fine and I did *no* receive the error about the
> trusted connections. However, I received "Authentication for user sa
> failed" when simply doing this
> osql -Usa -P -dmaster
> Any clues?
The only thing that I can tell you is that the MSDE instance accepts the
administrator password as sa password...So the problem is solved but not
the circumstances that produced this setup.
Stefan

No comments:

Post a Comment