Friday, March 30, 2012

msde and iis

Hi
If I get data from msde remotely
(from another computer)
should I have iis installed on computer
with sql server.?
Does connection should have
static IP?
Thanks
Konrad
"Konrad" <konrad007@.poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
news:OdFN8F7TEHA.1048@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> If I get data from msde remotely
> (from another computer)
> should I have iis installed on computer
> with sql server.?
If you are accessing the data via a web page, then that would work, or
install IIS on another server.

> Does connection should have
> static IP?
I'm not sure what you are asking here... Typically the host server, running
IIS would need a static address, and be registered in DNS. The connection
from the client side, could be the netbios name or the IP addess of the
host.
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment