Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MSDE 2000 Timeout when restoring a database

Hello,

I have been trying to restore a database to the msde but I keep getting a timeout when it happens. Does anyone know how to increase the time before a timeout is called?

I have restored a different, and smaller, database to the MSDE 2000 and it is Ok so I know everything else is OK.

Regards,

Ian.

Hello,

I should mention that i need to be able to change the Timeout from the command line and not using the supplied application. This is to be installed on the users PC and it needs to be automatic.

Regards,

Ian.

|||

How is the RESTORE statement being requested?

Control over the timeout is handled by the requesting application.

As far as I know, there is no way to set a default timeout for all applications.

As far as I know, the default timeout is infinite. So perhaps your application is explicitly requesting a timeout from the client access interface it uses.

Hope that helps.

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment