Friday, March 30, 2012

MSDE and DTS packages

Hi all
I am new to the msde and have worked with SQL for a little while. I have developed my database on my SQL server and now have transfered it to MSDE with only one problem.
I have exported the dts package to a text file, but when I import it into MSDE there is nothing there.
My question is can I (and how) create a DTS package through vbscript or osql? I have looked in MSDN and found the dtswiz with command line switchs, but I can not find an example using a text file. I unbderstand that there are a few more switches to tell
it the delimitation.
Any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks for your help in advance.
I'm guessing you want to import dts packages into MSDE (if not my
appologies).
you can save the package as a structured storage file and use a little vb
app to load the package in memory and then save it to the msde using
SaveToSQLServer function of the package class ?
If you have a SQL Server then you can also use enterprise manager to simply
save the DTS packes directly to your msde instance.
Hope this helps.
Ranjeet.
"whiggins" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8A03C082-9B78-4106-83EF-F2DC7FBD65E6@.microsoft.com...
> Hi all
> I am new to the msde and have worked with SQL for a little while. I have
developed my database on my SQL server and now have transfered it to MSDE
with only one problem.
> I have exported the dts package to a text file, but when I import it into
MSDE there is nothing there.
> My question is can I (and how) create a DTS package through vbscript or
osql? I have looked in MSDN and found the dtswiz with command line switchs,
but I can not find an example using a text file. I unbderstand that there
are a few more switches to tell it the delimitation.
> Any help would be very appreciated.
> Thanks for your help in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment