Friday, March 30, 2012

MSDE and Hard Disk Encryption

Does anyone know or have run MSDE on an encrypted hard disk ? I can't
find much about Microsoft's support of this, I know they support
encrypting the MDF's with EFS, but what about products that encrypt
the entire hard disk, specifically PC Guardian or PGPDisk ?
Anyone have experience with this ?
thanks
bob
"Bob Horkay" <bob@.lifeasbob.com> wrote in message
news:e310ee8f.0406180908.66c05525@.posting.google.c om...
> Does anyone know or have run MSDE on an encrypted hard disk ? I can't
> find much about Microsoft's support of this, I know they support
> encrypting the MDF's with EFS, but what about products that encrypt
> the entire hard disk, specifically PC Guardian or PGPDisk ?
> Anyone have experience with this ?
I've run MSDE on a disk that was encrypted by PC Guardian. It works.
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment