Friday, March 30, 2012

MSDE and DDL error

I have recently set up MSDE through a SharePoint services
install. I added a database, but when I go to add a table
through Visual Studio or osql I get the error "ADO error:
DDL statement is not allowed." I have tried to modify the
DDL settings in my database through >> exec sp_dboption
mydatabase, "ddl in tran", true <<, but "ddl in tran" is
not a recognized option any longer. Anyone know a
workaround on this? THANKS>Check your MDAC version
Try to update it.
Regards
---
All information provided above AS IS.
"Stephen Haiman" <shaiman@.ctt-inc.com> wrote in message
news:115501c3a2ea$88b9a2a0$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> I have recently set up MSDE through a SharePoint services
> install. I added a database, but when I go to add a table
> through Visual Studio or osql I get the error "ADO error:
> DDL statement is not allowed." I have tried to modify the
> DDL settings in my database through >> exec sp_dboption
> mydatabase, "ddl in tran", true <<, but "ddl in tran" is
> not a recognized option any longer. Anyone know a
> workaround on this? THANKS>

No comments:

Post a Comment