Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MSDE 2000sp3 and Full Text Indexing (Search Server)

I am new to MSDE, does anyone know if it comes with
Search Server or is that a full SQL Server app? If it is
available, how do I install it, or do I need to by it?
Thanks
Chris
Full-Text Search is not included with MSDE. It comes with the Enterprise,
Server, Personal (except on Windows 98), Developer, and Enterprise
Evaluation Editions.
Sincerely,
Stephen Dybing
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Chris Griffin" <msde@.doc-capture.co.uk> wrote in message
news:060d01c4b6c2$e0e65a80$a401280a@.phx.gbl...
>I am new to MSDE, does anyone know if it comes with
> Search Server or is that a full SQL Server app? If it is
> available, how do I install it, or do I need to by it?
> Thanks
> Chris
|||hi Chris,
"Chris Griffin" <msde@.doc-capture.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:060d01c4b6c2$e0e65a80$a401280a@.phx.gbl
> I am new to MSDE, does anyone know if it comes with
> Search Server or is that a full SQL Server app? If it is
> available, how do I install it, or do I need to by it?
> Thanks
unfortunately MSDE does not support Full Text...
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.9.1 - DbaMgr ver 0.55.1
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply

No comments:

Post a Comment