Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MSDE 2000A EULA / SBS 2003 Web Edition

Hi. I'm a bit confused and wonder whether someone of you can give me some
more information on this.
The EULA for MSDE 2000A states that you cannot use MSDE for hosting
services. Does anyone know what this mean?
I'm running an ASP.Net application and would like to use MSDE as the backend
database. Does this fall into this category?
Or does it mean that if I'm an ISP, I'm not allowed to offer MSDE as a
feature on my hosting packages?
Also, it says that you're not allowed to install any applications on SBS
2003 Web Edition. Does MSDE fall into this category?
Thanks very much for your help!
Martin
Hi Martin,
If you plan on using Webserver I think you need the full version of SQL. As
for SBS webserver 2003 I think you mean Windows Webserver 2003, which is a
lower priced version of windows server with a limited feature set optimized
for webhosting and reducing the cost of server to make it more competitive
in that market place. If you are a programmer look into either the ISV
program or the Action pack program which will help you out with the software
required to setup the development environment.
Regards,
Jeff Loucks
Available Technology
Solutions For Professionals
www.availabletechnology.com
"Martin Feuersteiner" <theintrepidfox@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:u$$6SFOcEHA.212@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi. I'm a bit confused and wonder whether someone of you can give me some
> more information on this.
> The EULA for MSDE 2000A states that you cannot use MSDE for hosting
> services. Does anyone know what this mean?
> I'm running an ASP.Net application and would like to use MSDE as the
backend
> database. Does this fall into this category?
> Or does it mean that if I'm an ISP, I'm not allowed to offer MSDE as a
> feature on my hosting packages?
> Also, it says that you're not allowed to install any applications on SBS
> 2003 Web Edition. Does MSDE fall into this category?
> Thanks very much for your help!
> Martin
>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment