Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MSDE 2000a installation failure on XP Pro

Hi,
Everyone know why MSDE 2000a is refusing to load on a XP Pro wiht Office SBS installed on it. It seems to have MSDE already but the default instance isn't accessible so I tried to install under another instance name. I have set the SA password.
File and print sharing is installed and running (I think). I'm able to share out folders.
Any suggestions?
Jim
Posted using Wimdows.net NntpNews Component -
Post Made from http://www.SqlJunkies.com/newsgroups Our newsgroup engine supports Post Alerts, Ratings, and Searching.
hi Jim,
"SqlJunkies User" <User@.-NOSPAM-SqlJunkies.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:eIKtRH8eEHA.3028@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> Everyone know why MSDE 2000a is refusing to load on a XP Pro wiht Office
SBS installed on it. It seems to have MSDE already but the default instance
isn't accessible so I tried to install under another instance name. I have
set the SA password.
> File and print sharing is installed and running (I think). I'm able to
share out folders.
I'm not aware of such limitation... but, anyway, please add the /L*v
"c:\..\Log.txt" command line parameter in order to
inspect the resulting log file..
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.8.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.54.0
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment