Wednesday, March 28, 2012

MSDE 2000 sp3a microsoft JDBC & W98

hi
I'm esperiencing a problem within a notebook where I have to run a web
application (I use a TomCat Catalina server). This notebook isn't connect in
a network and don't have a network card in it.
I've set TCP protocol within MSDE via SVRNETCN but I can't run my
appilcation I get an errore like Can't create a pooling connection
The same application with same Hardware + network card run fine.
please help
Gian Claudio
Hello Gian Claudio,
Are you sure the MSDE instance is listening on TCP/IP? You can check that
in your error log. You should see something like:
2005-05-02 14:35:38.48 server SQL server listening on 65.53.8.223: 1433.
2005-05-02 14:35:38.49 server SQL server listening on 127.0.0.1: 1433.
2005-05-02 14:35:38.56 server SQL server listening on TCP, Named Pipes.
2005-05-02 14:35:38.64 server SQL Server is ready for client connections
That tells you which IPs and port the server is listening on.
On a default installation of MSDE you would see something like:
2005-05-03 11:33:20.95 server SQL server listening on Shared Memory.
2005-05-03 11:33:20.95 server SQL Server is ready for client connections
which means it only listens on Shared Memory. The JDBC driver can only
connect through TCP/IP.
Additionally, can you test that you can connect to the SQL Server locally
with Query Analyzer over TCP/IP? You can specify tcp:servername in the
connect dialog to force connecting with TCP/IP. Otherwise you could be
connecting with named pipes or shared memory.
If all that works, can you also try connecting with a simple JDBC
application outside of TomCat and let me know what the exact exception and
full stack is?
Thanks,
Kamil
Kamil Sykora
Microsoft Developer Support - Web Data
Please reply only to the newsgroups.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Are you secure? For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/securXity.
| From: "Gian Claudio Bernardi" <poc3796@.iperbole.bologna.it>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.jdbcdriver
| Subject: MSDE 2000 sp3a microsoft JDBC & W98
| Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:27:42 GMT
|
| hi
| I'm esperiencing a problem within a notebook where I have to run a web
| application (I use a TomCat Catalina server). This notebook isn't connect
in
| a network and don't have a network card in it.
|
| I've set TCP protocol within MSDE via SVRNETCN but I can't run my
| appilcation I get an errore like Can't create a pooling connection
|
| The same application with same Hardware + network card run fine.
|
| please help
|
| Gian Claudio
|
|
|
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment